Everything you need to know about getting admission into XLRI – Jamshedpur (2020)
XLRI, known for its HR program is also a premier institute for its Business Management course (Fiannce & Marketing). Let’s look at the important elements to attain admission here
XLRI Important Dates
- Application start date : August 21st, 2019
- Last date to apply : November 30th , 2019
- With additional payment, Last date to apply : December 10th, 2019
- Result Declaration: Last week, January 2020
- Final Shortlist announcement : First week, February, 2020
How to apply to XLRI & Fees for application
- Visit the official site of XAT (xatonline.in)
- Enter basic information like name and contact details to register.
- The login credentials will be sent via SMS and email on the registered phone number and email ID.
- Log in again to the website and complete the XAT 2020 application process.
- To complete the application process, candidates would need to enter personal details, academic details, and professional details. They would also need to select XLRI programs (optional), and upload photograph and signature.
- Finally, pay the application fee.
- Application Fee: XAT 2020 Rs. 1700/- and Rs 300/- each for every additional program of XLRI
|Human Resource Management (HRM)||Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree of atleast three years or its equivalent from any recognized university/institute. Also, candidates who are appearing for their final exam in graduation by second week of June, 2020, are also eligible to apply.|
|Business Management (BM)||Eligibility criteria for Business Management is similar as HRM.|
|General Management Program||Candidates should have bachelor’s degree in India or abroad with a minimum experience of five years of experience in managerial/supervisor level by March 31, 2020. Candidates can either apply through XAT 2020 or their GMAT score (Given that they have given exam between December 1, 2016 -December 20.|
No minimum percentage of marks in graduation has been prescribed for XLRI admission 2020 and to apply for admission to PGDM (BM) and PGDM (HRM)
After having completed the application process, and giving the examination on 5th Jan 2020, following steps are to be followed to complete admission
Going by the past trends, following cut offs are expected to be applied for XLRI admission 2020:
|Program Name||Overall XAT 2020 Cut off||Section-1: Verbal & Logical Ability||Section-2: Decision Making||Section-3: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation|
|PGDM (BM)||94 Percentile||80||76||89|
|PGDM (HRM)||92 Percentile||79+||72||71|
|PGDM (GM)||22+ Marks||5+ Marks||5+ Marks||6+ Marks|
Shortlisting after XAT – 2020
The XLRI shortlist will depend upon your XAT 2020 percentile score and place in XLRI merit list of shortlisted candidates. This will be given out as part of the result to be declared in last week of January 2020. The decision on minimum section wise and overall cut off in XAT entrance exam at the time of shortlisting will be taken by the XLRI
The Personal Interview Round for PGDM (BM), PGDM (HRM) and PGDM (GM) candidates through XAT will be conducted between mid- February and March 2020 in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai and Jamshedpur
For PGDM (GM) Program only, the candidates who cannot be present physically for the XLRI interviews due to their being out of the country, interviews would be carried out in online mode via Internet. GMP Interviews can be conducted over G-talk / Skype for overseas candidates. Candidate need to send email at firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling their interview online after result.
XLRI will release the final admission list in the month of April/May 2020 and the session would commence in the middle of June 2020
|Program Name||Fee (Rs. in Lakhs)|